Brady Corporation is looking for a motivated, skilled attorney to act as a partner to its businesses and functions. The attorney will be responsible for supporting (i) the global legal entity framework (structure, management and maintenance of legal standing for subsidiaries globally), tax/treasury and IT functions and (iii) merger/acquisition activities.
The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and a desire to promote business growth through partnership with internal business partners. He or she will report to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel and play an important role in supporting and advancing the goals of the overall legal function. The position will be based at Brady’s world headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead global legal entity structure, formations, mergers/liquidations and reorganizations, and coordinate strategy and execution among internal functions to achieve overall project completion.
- Manage maintenance of entity legal standing globally.
- Manage legal entity records and documentation.
- Manage relationships with outside law firm providers for global structure.
- Support the tax/treasury and IT functions.
- Execute legal strategy and manage documentation and execution of all treasury and corporate finance transactions and banking and credit facility documents.
- Execute legal strategy and manage documentation and execution of all tax planning transactions and cash repatriations.
- Assist General Counsel as needed with SEC reporting and management of compliance with the corporate governance requirements of SEC and NYSE.
- Assist in negotiation of merger/acquisition/joint venture transactions and provide due diligence support.
- Support the General Counsel in building the capabilities of the global legal team, including working with the global legal team on special projects.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the General Counsel.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Juris Doctor degree from a nationally accredited law school and admittance to practice in at least one jurisdiction required.
- Prior in-house experience with a multi-national company or in the corporate section of a law firm.
- 4 to 6 years of highly successful legal practice with direct client interaction or relevant industry experience required.
- Experience in global subsidiary entity structure, tax, treasury and finance support and mergers/acquisitions.
- Ability to effectively assess all issues from both legal and business perspectives when advising business leaders, identifying risks and prioritizing response.
- Proven capability to set priorities, drive results and act efficiently and effectively while devising innovative solutions to challenging legal problems within a complex business environment.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills to partner, communicate and negotiate complicated issues with various levels internally and externally.
- Prior experience and ability with MS Office suite.
- Availability for occasional travel.
- Ability to identify and creatively manage business issues
- Complete insurance coverage starting on first day of employment – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation and Holiday pay