Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovativetechnology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment andinformation technology and services for intelligenttravel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications andnetworking and highly specialized support services for military andsecurity forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, wewant to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired bytechnology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Performs duties which identify, advocate and pursue business development opportunities/strategies related to the promotion and sale of systems. Business Development Directors may supervise Business Development Managers assigned to their Business Area. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the eastern region from Washington, DC to Montreal, Canada. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies “new” business opportunities
• Develops and executes (achieving) business plan related goals including revenue, bookings, and profit
• Develops and implements business area expansion plans and strategies
• Recommends and manages domestic and international representatives and agents
• Develops strategic business relationships
• Develops and executes opportunity specific capture plans and strategies
• Maintains a productive relationship with business area and associated engineering personnel
• Develops accurate and realistic business (bookings) forecast
• Develops and maintains positive customer relations
• Develops accurate discretionary resources requirements
• Prepares strategic plan for business area
• Develops business area advertising plan
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in engineering, management or marketing; plus a minimum of twelve years’ experience in industry business development, or system delivery and/or operations or other closely related positions. Demonstrated track record of building and bringing to market mobile solutions. Demonstrated track record of developing and managing partnerships in support of business development activities.
Deal shaping and negotiation skills; building and maintaining client relationships; must be able to interface with all levels of staff, clerical, professionals and management. Strong organizational, interpersonal, project management and communication skills required. Experience working across multiple organizations, projects, geographic locations, and dependencies required. Strong leadership and decision-making skills, ability to absorb and analyze new technologies, practices and standards required. Microsoft Office proficiency. Desiredexperience includes use of Sales Force; project/program management experience. Able to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally.