What you’ll be doing...
With the evolving nature of small cells in the Verizon network, cost effective construction processes and solutions will be critical to network densification and establishing a roadmap for 5G. You will bring an understanding of telecommunication construction standards, contracting arrangements, and Utility company requirements to keep us ahead of the competition.
You’ll play a key role in making sure our customers continue to enjoy the crystal-clear connections and top-notch call performance that we’re known for and will have the responsibility for making decisions on process and resource requirements for the market program.
As a project implementation specialist, primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing construction activities from initial site design through activation for small cell and evolving technologies in the market.
- Responsibility for working with territory and HQ teams to achieve a working cost structure across the market for self-perform small cell installations in line with RF densification needs.
- Interfacing with cross functional groups including RF Design, SP, Government Affairs, Internal and External legal teams, Real Estate, Transport and leadership teams to coordinate needed resources, develop strategies for issue escalation and resolution.
- 5G project management functions including providing guidance to HQ, vendors and the submarket on construction solutions to support 1st generation 5G.
- Staying up-to-date of network needs to support evolving technologies like LAA/WiFi/CBRS that will become critical to network capacity growth.
- Effectively managing outside vendors, contractors and consultants to meet installation commitments.
- Providing full financial management of all projects from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service including; funding projects, budget tracking, processing purchase orders, reviewing work, and ensuring payment and final balance in purchasing software.
- Requesting authorization for funds and write purchase orders using the PeopleSoft Purchasing system and manage procurement and inventory activities with the CATS system and supplemental spreadsheets.
- Ensuring departmental compliance with company procurement and equipment installation policies.
- Providing team leadership and guidance by practicing core values including: creating and evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies; creating process improvements; securing assets; and being accountable for vendor payments.
- Providing the necessary direction for individual/team growth and development.
- Demonstrating professionalism by responding to emails promptly, actively participating in meetings, ability to explain issues effectively, providing updates, maintaining records, working with other departments, and understanding the impact of your role to the overall business.
- Establishing quality assurance methods, procedures, standards, and technical training related to site design and construction. Evaluating new products, services, and vendors.
What we’re looking for...
You take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You’re proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your superior time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment. A committed team player, coaching and developing more junior team members is important to you.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Construction telecom experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Business Administration.
- Experience in the wireless industry.
- Proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage demanding goals as well as multiple projects.
- Proven ability to understand wireless telecommunication standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines and established commitments.
- Experience with databases including Site Tracker.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with emphasis on crunching and manipulating data and spreadsheets.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.