Come and shine with the stars of LeClairRyan! Since its inception, LeClairRyan has grown exponentially and is now home to over 300 attorneys with offices in 15 states and the District of Columbia. LeClairRyan is currently seeking a Director of Accounting in Richmond, Virginia who will contribute to overall success and help secure the bright future of the Firm.
LeClairRyan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Established in August 2015, the Administrative Operations office acts as a hub to provide administrative support to LeClairRyan offices nationwide. The office is home to approximately 65 employees from the Firms' Human Resources, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, and Conflicts Resolution and Client Intake departments. With a team focused, collaborative work environment, the Administrative Operations office is an illustration of LeClairRyan's dedication to innovation within the legal community.
LeClairRyan's accounting department is a vital part of our growth. In its entirety, the accounting team is comprised of Pricing and Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Collections, and Financial Planning and Analysis professional staff who collaborate and assist in meeting the financial goals of LeClairRyan. Individuals who join our accounting team will have the ability to learn and grow amongst peers who are dedicated to high standards of client satisfaction and professional performance.
The Director of Accounting is responsible for ensuring the accuracy the Firm's financial information. The position is responsible to work with all areas of accounting and administration to provide accurate, timely and complete information to the firm executive and operating management. Key responsibilities include management of the Firm's general ledger and fixed assets; assist with revising and producing the Firm's monthly financial statements, and working closely with Firm's external auditors and taxaccountants. The position is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Firm's internal controls and accounting procedures to insure that the accounting process is adequate to insure the integrity and reliability of the Firm's accounting records and transactions.
This is a senior level role with management oversight of the organization's accounting and finance teams. This individual should have management experience and have the skillset to manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing and finance staff.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the Firm's Elite general ledger system is closed and balanced in a timely manner each month.
- Review, analyze and closely monitor general ledger account balances on a monthly basis; reconcile and resolve differences in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Ensure for the orderly process of the Firm's financial transactions during the annual audit process; work to complete all audit related schedules and questions in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner.
- Serve as the Firm's primary contact with the audit team during the on-site portion of the review process.
- Maintain proper and exact cash balancing; reconcile Firm bank accounts in a timely many, monthly.
- Review the monthly trial balance for accuracy; insure that all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all general ledger and journal entries are entries are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals following the income tax method of accounting.
- Prepare the Firm's Personal Property Tax returns in conformance with the requirements and time tables established by the local taxing authorities in which we operate or are deemed to conduct business.
- Provide external auditors with all data necessary for the timely and efficient process of the Firm's state and local tax returns. Ensure that all estimated and periodic tax payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise the Staff and review the work produced by the position incumbent, including but not limited to payroll journal entries, balancing of biweekly payroll accounts, maintaining and reconciling fixed assets, review and classification of fixed asset purchased for compliance with firm policies, preparing and recording of all journal entries into the Elite system.
- Ensure that the Staff is meeting/exceeding management and firm expectations. Respond to survey requests as directed by Firm Management.
- Maintain the Firm's Common and Preferred Stock and Dividend ledger.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the development of the Firm's budgetschedules and other financial analysis as required.
- CPA designation required with a Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Accounting or Finance; Masters degree in accounting or business preferred.
- Public accounting experiencepreferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in law firm accounting or finance setting.
- Management experience is required.
- Must possess management qualities and skills to aid in overall accounting department success.
- Must possess professional demeanor including strong interpersonal skills and the self confidence to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong business judgment and be highly organized with attention to detail, well developed analytical skills.
- Must be a team builder and consistently provide open and honest feedback
- Must be able to work through stressful situations and maintain high levels of productivity
- Must demonstrate strong work ethic and appreciates collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to thrive under pressure in a dynamic environment with evolving structures while continually striving for excellence in client service and demonstrate the ability to work with various levels within the organization.