The Director of Supply Chain Customer Management is responsible for leading Supply Chain’s customer engagement, management routines and issue resolution. This includes national accounts, independent dealers, internet re-sellers and potentially others.
The responsibilities of the Director of Supply Chain Customer Management will include (but are not limited to) being the primary supply chain account contact for key national accounts as well as other large dealers and customer categories. This role will work internally with various S. P. Richards’ departments to resolve supply chain issues on behalf of these customers. The issues within scope are order fill rate, on-time delivery, new product roll-outs, master data and specialty items. This role will act as a customer advocate within S. P. Richards’ supply chain. This will require strong cross-functional and influencing skills since many of the issues needing to be addressed will require cooperation and resources from those not in this role’s reporting structure. There will be a significant amount of inter-departmental communication and coordination. Finally, this role will have responsibility for leading GMROI (gross margin return on investment) reporting. The working environment is fast paced requiring the ability to work on several projects at one time.
The Director of Supply Chain Customer Management will manage a team of analysts who will specialize in customer-related supply chain work.
This role will be one that requires collaboration across many departments and up and down many levels of leadership roles both within SP Richards, GPC and other outside parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include: (Others may be assigned)
Standard Work Hours: 7 a.m. – 4 p. m.
8 a.m. – 5 p. m.
9 a.m. – 6 p. m.
Customer Supply Chain management
- This role will be responsible for working with customers as well as within S. P. Richards to resolve customer-specific supply chain issues around order fill rates, new products, specialty products and other service issues.
- This role will be responsible for establishing customer management routines such as meeting routines, developing needed customer processes and working to reduce waste and inefficiencies in dealing with customers.
- Lead and train an analytics team whose responsibilities include customer metric analysis as well as creation of automation tools to run the analysis.
- Ensure that analysts are capable of engaging with customers and executing against action plans designed to improve customer service.
- The monthly reporting of GMROI (gross margin return on investment)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Strong Microsoft Excel and SQL skills required, VBA skills a real plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience interacting with/supporting customers
- Strong influencing and execution skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to maintain composure in pressure situations
- Responsible for Demand Chain Analysts and Technical Analysts
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Three to five years experience in analyzing business processes.
- Knowledge of SPR business processes across multiple functional areas a plus.
- Supply chain and distribution experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and ability to write ad hoc queries required as well as strong Microsoft Excel and SQL skills required. VBA skills a real plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to document business processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as Turns, GM % GMROI, ROAA and Square Root Rule.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be detail oriented and exceptional in organization techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, with ability to set and achieve goals, and set priorities of multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make sound business process decisions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.