what you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking to expand the Governance, Risk and Compliance Security Consulting Practice. You will provide our clients with guidance pertaining to security and privacy regulatory and industry standard requirements, security risk assessments, and GRC consulting.
- Support vendor risk management engagements and formalized risk analysis engagements.
- Support and guide information risk and security discussions with technical and non-technical groups.
- Identify enterprise information security and compliance related problems and challenges; research and develop technical solutions to rectify them.
- Assist with documenting enterprise information security programs and related components.
- Analyze client security programs for maturity and performance relating to industry accepted best practices.
- Develop recommendations for remediating risk and compliance gaps.
- Evaluate information security risk for business environment controls and industry requirements.
- Provide client guidance for information security best practices.
- Follow standard methodologies for evaluating industry security controls based on formulized security frameworks.
- Execute in dynamic, fast paced environments with tight deadlines.
- Draft deliverable documentation to meet client security needs.
- Create security roadmaps for client security program development and improvement.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in security governance, risk assessments and regulatory/controls.
- Experience in the information technology field.
- Experience with the security and privacy controls environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and practices.
- Experience with the development and implementation of information security policies, standards and related procedures for security programs.
- CISM or CISA certification.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Eight or more years of experience in security governance, risk assessments and regulatory/controls experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in the information technology field.
- Ability to assess clients against a wide variety of security and compliance frameworks including State based privacy and security regulations, SOX, GDPR, NIST-CSF, ISO/27001/2.
- Ability to provide risk-based recommendations based upon the size and complexity of the client’s organization.
- Consulting and Privacy experience.
- Understanding of available security tools and technologies.
- Investigative and analysis skills with the ability to handle confidential information.
- Presentation skills with the ability to convey ideas and interface with C-levels and tactical implementers.
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action.
- Verbal skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts, be persuasive and to deliver presentation and training to all levels of management.
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation including deliverables, Statements of Work, proposals, white papers, and case studies.
- Interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.