Manager web Methods Engineering
The WebMethods Manager will lead a team of systems engineers and operators within the Platform Architecture & Engineering (PA&E) Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) supporting multiple enterprise webMethods infrastructure platforms. This position will provide coordination, facilitation, leadership, and drive the overall webMethods operational and service management strategy for Fiserv. A WebMethods Manager must possess a solid ability to lead technical teams, must have hands-on technical capabilities, and must be able to drive complex problem solving efforts.
What does a great webMethods Manager do?
- Maintain positive relationships with staff, colleagues, and business partners in all locations.
- Lead and motivate a team of highly technical webMethods engineers and operators to achieve business goals.
- Provide guidance and approval for support tools, technologies and processes.
- Provide concise, high-level updates to leadership for critical incidents.
- Understanding of webMethods integration, proxy and network firewalls, load-balancers, certificate encryption, and complex enterprise network designs.
- Must have strong Windows and SAG webMethods skills to be able to troubleshoot and support the application infrastructure.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables.
- Must maintain a leading edge with security and technology currents in the industry.
- Participate in regular meetings with operational staff and other business leaders/partners regularly to discuss problem resolution, operational improvement opportunities, and process improvement opportunities.
- Manage/participate in a rotating 24x7 operations and on-call support model.
- Drive team to meet or exceed service level goals, OLAs (Operation Level Agreements), and compliance requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent job related experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Information Technology, or equivalent job or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in technical management or team leadership
Job Related Experience:
- Experience supporting Software AG webMethods technologies such as Integration Server, Broker, Universal Messaging, OFI, LDAP, MyWebMethods Server, and Central Users.
- Experience leading functional and geographically diverse, global, and 24x7 teams of 10 or more associates
- Experience supporting highly scalable, high performance solutions
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with, and influence, colleagues at all levels
- Experience with CA Introscope APM / Wily, ExtraHop, and Splunk.
- Excellent organization, leadership, decision making skills
- A personable, professional and pleasant demeanor suitable for frequent contact with high profile customers and business partners
- Experience with enterprise-class change and release management practices
- Ability to navigate a large organization and to influence others beyond their direct authority
- Exceptional leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, mentor and develop associates to achieve greater process and operational discipline
- Proven track-record of delivering on schedule and with high quality
- Strong knowledge of 24x7 operations management
- Experience working in a functional service delivery models within the ITIL framework
- Entrepreneurial abilities with critical problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including the ability to manipulate and analyze raw data in Excel and Access.
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT Outsourcing, preferably with global operating models
- International experience a plus
Fiserv in an equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.