Reuters seeks an enthusiastic journalist to delve into the world of Thomson Reuters data to help drive the next step of automation to Reuters newsrooms via the Lynx Insight project. The goal of Lynx Insight is use cloud based computing and artificial intelligence to help journalists find and explain newsworthy events, as well as to automate part of the editorial workflow that requires manual and repetitive tasks.
The ideal candidate would have about 5-7 years of experience in journalism, a working knowledge of financial markets, corporate news and the core Reuters file as well as experience in working with data and spreadsheets, for example. The person in this role would be comfortable collaborating with other journalists and translating requests for relevant data milestones into clear, readable copy. Validating the results from Lynx Insight with journalists and ensuring Reuters style and standards will be critical to success in this role. Any prior experience with programming skills helpful, but not strictly required, as are thoughtful ideas about using technology to transform newsgathering. The News Associate (Level 2 Journalist) would also investigate adding newsworthy datasets to create new tools for Reuters journalists.
- Good knowledge of data available in Eikon and Thomson Reuters
- Ability to transform TR datasets into newsworthy facts or a willingness to learn
- Work with other journalists to validate resulting text output, including graphics
- Manage requests from Reuters newsrooms for new insightful story automations A background in markets or company news is helpful
- Knowledge of the BUZZ project is helpful