Senior Product Analyst - Mortgage
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Senior Product Analyst's primary responsibility as a member of the Product Management team, is to help define the requirements for our lending process automation solutions, by working with lenders (originators and servicers), developers, QA, and delivery teams to define requirements for automated workflow processes and performance improvement applications that are then developed and launched as products.
The role will involve working with Product Management, Product Design, Software Development and otherinternal operational groups to convey the relevant criteria and requirements defined for the customer’s solution based on the Senior Product Analyst's lending domain knowledge and input from the client.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Define product and process automation requirements based on mortgage lending domain knowledge and customer input
- Write a clear, concise, thorough, detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) after combining customer requirements, domain expertise and soliciting feedback from other team members on the requirements of the solution.
- Produces and distributes Business Requirement Documents (BRD) after combining customer requirements, domain expertise and soliciting feedback from other team members on the requirements of the solution. Ensures review and approval of the document before final publication.
- Lead requirements review sessions and obtain approval of the document before final publication. Ensure distribution of the final document to the project team and any other appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, use case scenarios, and task flows to effectively communicate design ideas and interactions based on product and business requirements.
- Advocate usability standards and customer experience in all areas.
- Review design deliverables providing feedback on their content, accuracy and completeness in meeting the requirements as specified in the BRD.
- Assist cross functional teams in conducting usability testing and inspections.
- Assist in development of techniques to conduct user centered research: focus groups, observations, and interviews.
- Assist in the design of the business workflow logic required to achieve the functionality as specified in the BRD.
- Participate in product design sessions and processes. Ensures that designs meet the minimum defined requirements necessary to meet the project goal and timeframes.
- Work directly with customers to define requirements, test completed products, perform user acceptance testing (UAT), and coordinate beta program for designated projects.
- Prepare documentation for internal programs, includes creating training programs and documentation to be used to launch new product or feature across organization.
- Prepare documentation for external customers, includes quick reference guides, user / elp documentation, training programs, etc.
- Communicates and gains inputs, acceptance, and support for plans from immediate supervisor and other appropriate executives of the company
- Periodically reports status of assignments and other activities
- Assist in providing Product demonstrations to internal staff and new lending prospects
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelordegree (Management Information Systems or Computer Science related degreepreferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing relevant lending processes and/or creating new functions/processes within the mortgage servicing industry
- Experience with existing and emerging technologies in the lending industry is required for this position
- Well versed in the operational processes of lending including the loan manufacturing process, quality, compliance, servicing, secondary marketing
- Experience with enterprise content management solutions preferred.
- Knowledge of Fiserv products and experience in the financial industry a plus
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and to prioritize multiple, conflicting, and frequently changing priorities
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint applications
- Experience with requirements gathering tools preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex process problems
- Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass Platform and SDK (software development kit) a plus
- Experience with MISMO file standards
Ability to travel up to 25%