The Service Now Business System Analyst is responsible for elicitation of requirements, creation of business process documentation, testing, implementing, and maintaining the Service Now application. The Service Now BSA will work closely with business and IT teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned
Serves as main point of contact for support, administration and maintenance of Service Now platform and associated applications.
Working directly with end users to resolve support issues and fulfill requests within Service Meet with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals
Assist with requirements gathering sessions to elicit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to potential IT solutions
Create models, use cases, process flows, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to developers, designers, and vendors
Assist with converting requirements into developing a statement of work for use in requests for proposals
Evaluate compatibility and interoperability of commercial off-the-shelf or in-house technology systems
Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and assist with developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
Perform cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in making IT business decisions
Conduct research on software and hardware products and technology services to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
Write and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT applications across the organization
Coordinate and perform tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, training and other post-implementation support
Engaged and able to see projects through from start to finish with little to no guidance/supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including Internet, and network architectures
* Knowledge of legacy, and web-based systems interfaces
* Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
* Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership modeling
* Skill in performing requirements development, process modeling, reporting and project management tools
* Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques
* Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
* Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
* Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
* Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
* Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
* Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems
* Ability to view the big picture
* Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
* Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
* Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work
* Must have thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes
* Ability to use data-driven techniques, analyze and interpret data.
* Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job. At least three to five years of Service Now work experience including application support and requirement elicitation in a corporate environment.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
ITIL Foundations Certification preferred but not required.