Coordinate business execution to capture the value of supply chain planning. Translate business strategies and objectives into S&OP inputs and support the execution of the optimized plan by facilitating weekly S&OE actions. Ensure that planning system inputs and outputs are effectively communicated and understood within the business.
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE)
- Ensure execution level plans align with strategic plans and objectives.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of LP near-term planning and execution tools.
- Support business Sales and Operations teams to ensure clear understanding of plan execution requirements from order entry through shipment.
- Collaborate with order entry groups to clarify understanding and intent of supply plans and fulfillment strategies.
- Monitor order entry and production actuals and trends to identify potential problem areas or variances as early as possible.
- Work with Demand and Supply Planners to recognize and manage exceptions.
- Coordinate needed interactions and working sessions to maintain alignment and to support weekly execution activities.
- Support continuous improvement and the spreading of best practices for S&OE.
- Communicate anticipated plan shortfalls or misses within the business as early as possible to allow time for review and corrective actions – escalate as needed to properly address concerns.
- Support the identification, communication and resolution of supply chain and order fulfillment related issues.
- Drive continuous improvement in planning processes and tool utilization.
- Support the definition and execution of “what-if?” and scenario analysis activities.
- Assess plan performance and propose / make appropriate adjustments.
- Develop assessments of actual performance versus plan.
- Report overall plan related costs and savings for the business.
- Participate in Corporate projects and committees as assigned.
- Interact with various levels of upper management both internally and externally regarding, inventory, and strategy issues.
- Perform all duties in accordance with environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working understanding of supply chain management processes and practices.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to compile and analyze data, develop metrics, and perform cost benefit analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop regularly scheduled business reports and presentations for upper management and peers using various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated consultative, facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams to achieve program and project objectives.
- Ability to define, quantify and lead continuous improvement projects and work efforts.
- Ability to interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
- 7+ years planning or operations management related experience.
- 3+ years management experiencepreferred.
- LSS Certification preferred
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.