Vice President of Supply Chain & Logistics Advisory Services
8 - 10 years experience •
Do you enjoy identifying and leading Supply Chain related strategies which require an urgency to implement profitably? Would you like to leverage the mastery you have developed leading a wide range of Supply Chain initiatives into advising companies in a variety of industries on BEST supply chain practices? Do you thrive BEST within a boutique culture collaborating with sharp professionals providing you exposure to a wide range of experiences, growth, and relationships? This thrilling opportunity may be perfect for you!
The Vice President of Supply Chain & Logistics Advisory Services will be an integral art of the leadership team, providing consultation within Performance Improvement engagements that focus on Material Planning Supporting S&OP processes, Transportation and Logistics, Product Sourcing, and Supplier Relations and Compliance for client businesses. The Vice President of Supply Chain & Logistics Advisory Services is focused on delivering cutting-edge, middle-market consulting for the purchasing, warehousing, master data, logistics, and transportation functions while facilitating continuous improvement and achieving commercial success. The Vice President of Supply Chain & Logistics Advisory Services will also support other practice areas of the firm by providing targeted Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the evaluation of critical areas of distressed businesses helping to uncover root causes of distress attributable to their practice area and value add service opportunities for the firm to provide to clients. The Vice President of Supply Chain & Logistics Advisory Services will mentor and supervise operationally and financially focused teams of Senior Associate and Analyst consultants engaged in the projects.
LOCATION: Contiguous United States ?located near an international or regional airport.
REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain & Logistics Advisory Services
Materials Planning Supporting S&OP Process
- Determines the optimal quantity and timing of inventory, aligning it with sales and production capacity.
- Works with clients to determine the best location for manufacturing and distribution
- Assists in determining the increased EBITDA from managing the raw materials, production schedule requirements, and transportation requirements.
- Assists clients with cost-effective solutions that allow them to ?Ship Complete On-Time? for the optimal cost of storage and transportation.
Transportation and Logistics
- Identify cost-effective transportation and storage of materials.
- Assist clients with managing inbound and outbound transportation and storage to maximize the production flow and capacity, ensuring on-time delivery and improving profitability while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Assist clients with identifying, selecting, and onboarding suppliers for critical supply categories.
- Support clients by leading negotiations with suppliers to determine pricing, lead time, quality, and other key attributes.
- Assist clients with development of overall category sourcing strategies.
- Support clients by guiding the handoff between Sourcing and Purchasing to ensure smooth flow of information.
Supplier Relations and Compliance
- Assists clients with the development of skills required to be an effective Supplier Relationship Manager, ensuring that optimum solutions are found when disputes arise.
- Supports the creation and implementation of Supplier Scorecards for the category, relaying feedback from the business to the supplier to ensure targeted quality, cost, and delivery metrics are met.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Supervise Others: Yes
Travel: Up to 80%+
BEST Requirements to be considered for this role:
- Minimum of a bachelor?s degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering, statistics or other quantitative discipline from a regionally accredited college or university required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in roles that include a combination of one or more areas of material planning that supports the S&OP process, product sourcing, supply chain, transportation & logistics, manufacturing operations, and/or supplier relations & compliance required.
- Proven success executing performance improvement initiatives using one or more methodologies including Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, and/or LEAN in manufacturing and / or non-manufacturing environments required.
- Prior experience with quality management processes, practices, tools, and technology required.
- Prior experience and understanding of project management methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, and/or SCRUMrequired.
- Experience with Financial Modeling and Total Cost of Ownership / Landed Cost Modeling required.
- Practical work experience with one or more Warehouse Management System (WMS), Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), and / or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system required.
- Demonstrated capability and understanding of Accounting Principles required.
- Understanding of integrative and distributive negotiation strategies required.
- Demonstrated ability delivering superior customer service with solid understanding of concepts and strategies required.
- Minimum of Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access) required; advanced level proficiency preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
The following professional certifications are preferred (or HIGHLY preferred as indicated) but not required for this position:
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred; Six SigmaBlack Belt HIGHLY preferred.
- LEAN Green Belt preferred; LEANBlack Belt HIGHLY preferred.
- Certified Continuous Improvement Manager (CCIM) preferred.
- Certified Kaizen Facilitator (CKF) preferred.
- 5 S Concept Certified (5SC) preferred.
- One or more American Production and Inventory Control Society Professional Certifications preferred:
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD)
- Supply Chain Operations Reference Professional Endorsement (SCOR-P)
- Professional in Project Management (PMP) preferred.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred.
- Agile Certified Professional (ACP) preferred.
- Certified SCRUM Professional (CSP) preferred; SCRUM Master Certification HIGHLY preferred.
BEST Qualifications for Success in this role:
- Seven (7) or more years of progressive experience in roles that include a combination of one or more areas of material planning that supports the S&OP process, product sourcing, supply chain, transportation and logistics, manufacturing operations, supplier relations and compliance.
- Strong business acumen.
- Prior experience in either strong matrix corporate or consulting/advisory environments preferred; a combination of both strong matrix corporate and consulting/advisory environments HIGHLY preferred.
- Strong ability to deal effectively with senior level leaders across functions on all aspects of business operations preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with long term clients HIGHLY preferred.
- Ability to influence others and to mediate and resolve conflicts preferred.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate ? verbally, written, and through the development of compelling presentations ? information and ideas helping the audience understand and retain the message.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate who wishes to sell professionally and be a valued contributor to the next round of growth of a company. If you are interested in talking with us, we are interested in you!
Please apply for this position if you have requisite consultative experience calling on nursery, garden center or greenhouse growers and this career role fits your career objectives.
All inquiries are confidentially protected and appreciated.