Web Analytics Business Analyst
We are looking for Web Analytics Business Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Web Analytics Business Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client aims at providing modern and responsive digital services and productivity tools to more than 40,000 internal customers, including state agencies, business units and employees who provide essential information and services to the citizens of the Commonwealth.
- The client takes an agile, data-driven approach to directly serve our constituents by providing digital services and tools ? such as Mass.gov ? that enable taxpayers, drivers, businesses, visitors, families and other citizens to do business with the Commonwealth in a way that makes every interaction with government easier, faster, and more secure.
- We envision a modern IT organization that places our customers and constituents at the heart of everything we do, with an emphasis on speed, reliability, security, digital services, productivity tools, and customer service.
- The client provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools to customers and constituents when and where they need them.
- Do you like digging into the analytics and interpreting the stories they tell about the performance of a website?
Scope of position:
- As a Web Analytics Business Analyst in the Digital Services Office, you will work with a team of data and content professionals dedicated to making constituents' interactions with government fast, easy, and wicked awesome..
- You will be interpreting web analytics, verbatim customer feedback, and use Apache Superset to visualize the data for content managers and agency leadership
- You will work withinternal teams and external stakeholders to identify new opportunities for improving our web platform.
- You will serve as an evangelist for the power of data analytics, present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders, and ground priorities for product development in insights from data and constituent feedback.
- This is a rare opportunity to leverage web and data analytics to make interacting with government easier for the millions of people who use Mass.gov annually
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and refine performance metrics to help improve web content quality.
- Create an approach for analyzing and displaying session-level information to determine successful site visits
- Use your substantial experience with Google Analytics and web metrics to advise and guide stakeholders toward the most important data to use for different projects
- Maintain existing dashboards, including adding and editing new charts using a SQL-backed user interface and managing users and permissions
- Conceive of and build any needed dashboards through collaboration with designers, content producers, and executive leadership
- Work closely with all teams in Digital Services to ensure digital data tagging and collection is an integral part of all projects.
- Work with data engineers and other data scientists to request new data sources and configurations to be surfaced in the dashboarding platform
- Leverage vast array of digital and web data to analyze and determine performance of current initiatives
- Use quantitative methods and tools including A/B testing, multivariate analysis (MVA), and optimization techniques to analyze and optimize web and digital assets to content performance
- Ensure website is correctly tagged and web data collection is working as designed
- Combine the digital data with offline and in-house data to develop a complete picture of the constituent lifecycle
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Strong experience in data analytics, including with dashboarding platforms like Superset or Tableau and Excel
- Experience with web data collection is required. Google Analytics is preferred, and the tools and techniques to ensure complete and accurate data collection
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have both an ability and desire to collaborate effectively with colleagues and work independently
- Knowledge of SQL and accessing databases
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience as a digital analyst focused on aggregating web interactions into a complete customer profile.
- Python experience a plus